The Line Cook in The Vistula at TolHouse is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, sauté, grill, fry stations and/or other areas of the kitchen. Following the guidance of the chef, this person works to ensure that only the finest dishes are delivered from our kitchen. Members of the TolHouse team are key to maintaining the appearance, atmosphere, and sensibilities of the club.
Requires at least one year of experience in a fast-paced kitchen as a cook, basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, desire to learn and a passion for food, ability to take direction and communicate effectively.
Direct Responsibilities (Summary)
- Receiving orders and communicating with kitchen and wait staff teams to ensure guest requests are fulfilled and needs are met
- Acting as a line of defense for all plating to ensure TolHouse standards of food presentation are upheld
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, coolers, and all storage areas,
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Some experience in a kitchen/cook role
- Ability to work on your feet for at least 6 hours, including moving, pulling, carrying or lifting at least 40 lbs.
- Quick learner or have Square or other POS experience
- Detail oriented, articulate and ability to multitask in a demanding work environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights and weekends (as needed)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
Our House is designed for members to enjoy an entire day at the club. Whether they’re enjoying an early morning protein shake and power bowl at Earth Coffeehouse, taking a meeting with a colleague or client, cocktails with friends after work, or an evening listening to Jazz at Lucille’s, TolHouse is FOR THE VIBRANT.
Working @ TolHouse
TolHouse offers competitive compensation packages starting at $17/hr featuring benefits and perks where applicable. Whether you’re coming in at an entry-level position or more senior role, we pride ourselves on investing in our people.
- Bi-weekly pay with competitive salaries
- Health and Dental Insurance (when full-time)
- Flexible Hours (no holidays!)
- Opportunities for career growth and continued learning
- Enjoy the amenities at no cost