The House Runner at TolHouse is responsible for a range of tasks including preparing tables, routine cleanup & barbacking, serving orders, dishwashing, and facilitating collaboration between kitchen and servers. A Runner also assists the servers in providing quality service to all guests who come to TolHouse.
This is an entry-level position and requires no previous experience, but a great attitude and willingness to learn!
Direct Responsibilities (Summary)
- Handles trash cans;
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and food service areas;
- Busses and cleans tables and chairs;
- Provides clean dishes and glasses throughout the kitchen and bars;
- Sets and resets dining area tables;
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager, or acting supervisor;
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations;
- Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts;
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc;
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures;
- Properly dispose of trash;
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines;
- Unload, un-box, rotate, and store food, equipment, and supplies as necessary;
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans;
- Comply with all local and SOP health, sanitation, and safety guidelines.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Team player who communicates well with all colleagues
- Ability to work on your feet for at least 8 hours, including moving, pulling, carrying or lifting at least 40 lbs.
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Sense of urgency
- Yes, yes, yes mentality
- Can do attitude
- Have a genuine passion for food and beverage
- Previous experience within hospitality or service-based industry would be ideal but not essential
Our House is designed for members to enjoy an entire day at the club. Whether they’re enjoying an early morning protein shake and power bowl at Earth Coffeehouse, taking a meeting with a colleague or client, cocktails with friends after work, or an evening listening to Jazz at Lucille’s, TolHouse is FOR THE VIBRANT.
Working @ TolHouse
TolHouse offers competitive compensation packages featuring benefits and perks where applicable. Whether you’re coming in at an entry-level position or more senior role, we pride ourselves on investing in our people.
- Weekly pay
- Opportunities for career growth and continued learning