As a Barista at Earth, you would be responsible for preparing and serving coffees, teas, alcoholic beverages, smoothies and other beverages to TolHouse members and their guests. Earth also presents a limited food menu, and sandwich preparation and plating is required. A barista at Earth is key to maintaining the appearance, atmosphere, and sensibilities of the club.
Requires skill with preparing coffees (including ethnic coffees and specialty blends), drink beautification, and communication.
Direct Responsibilities (Summary)
- Educating members and their guests by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu
- Greeting members by name
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, espresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar and fruits
- Sandwich preparation (no cooking, just assembly and plating)
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply, stocking coffee brewing equipment, maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdown, maintains supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Training or experience with bartending
- Computer and POS literacy
- Extensive knowledge of drink mixing and garnishing
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Our House is designed for members to enjoy an entire day at the club. Whether they’re enjoying an early morning protein shake and power bowl at Earth Coffeehouse, taking a meeting with a colleague or client, cocktails with friends after work, or an evening listening to Jazz at Lucille’s, TolHouse is FOR THE VIBRANT.
Working @ TolHouse
TolHouse offers competitive compensation packages featuring benefits and perks where applicable. Whether you’re coming in at an entry-level position or more senior role, we pride ourselves on investing in our people.
- Bi-weekly pay comprised of a competitive mix of base wages and tips
- Opportunities for career growth and continued learning
- Enjoy the amenities at no cost