The Chef at TolHouse is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen. This culinary professional is trained in all aspects of food preparation. The main responsibilities include planning menus, overseeing the kitchen staff, and ensuring that the food meets high-quality standards.
Requires experience in a fast-paced kitchen as a cook, understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills, desire to learn and a passion for food, ability to take direction, communicate effectively, and lead a team.
Direct Responsibilities (Summary)
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a kitchen/cook role
- ServSafe certified or Similar
- Ability to work on your feet for at least 6 hours, including moving, pulling, carrying or lifting at least 40 lbs.
- Quick learner or have Square or other POS experience
- Detail oriented, articulate and ability to multitask in a demanding work environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights and weekends (as needed)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
Our House is designed for members to enjoy an entire day at the club. Whether they’re enjoying an early morning protein shake and power bowl at Earth Coffeehouse, taking a meeting with a colleague or client, cocktails with friends after work, or an evening listening to Jazz at Lucille’s, TolHouse is FOR THE VIBRANT.
Working @ TolHouse
TolHouse offers competitive compensation packages starting at $17/hr featuring benefits and perks where applicable. Whether you’re coming in at an entry-level position or more senior role, we pride ourselves on investing in our people.
- Bi-weekly pay with competitive salaries
- Health and Dental Insurance (when full-time)
- Flexible Hours (no holidays!)
- Opportunities for career growth and continued learning
- Enjoy the amenities at no cost